Saturday, September 16, 2017

Book Review: Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, Book 15) by Jennifer Estep #UF Urban Fantasy

Unraveled
Elemental Assassin, Book 15
Jennifer Estep


Book Details:

Print Length: 400 pages
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: August 30, 2016
Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
ASIN: B017I22DZC

Add to Your Shelf on Goodreads:


About the Book:

What could go wrong when you’re trying to unravel a decades-old conspiracy?

As the current queen of the Ashland underworld, you would think that I, Gin Blanco, would know all about some secret society controlling things from behind the scenes. I might be the Spider, the city’s most fearsome assassin, but all my Ice and Stone elemental magic hasn’t done me a lick of good in learning more about “the Circle”. Despite my continued investigations, the trail’s gone as cold as the coming winter.

So when Finnegan Lane, my foster brother, gets word of a surprising inheritance, we figure why not skip town for someplace less dangerous for a few days? That place: Bullet Pointe, a fancy hotel resort complex plus Old West theme park that Finn now owns lock, stock, and barrel. At first, all the struttin’ cowboys and sassy saloon girls are just hokey fun. But add in some shady coincidences and Circle assassins lurking all around, and vacationing becomes wilder—and deadlier—than any of us expected.

Good thing this assassin brought plenty of knives to the gunfight …


Unravled is another fantastic installment of the Elemental Assassin series. The entire series has pulled me in and kept me engaged from the very beginning. These are the types of books that have me longing for the next one. They are written with vivid descriptions and genuine feelings, allowing the reader to become totally immersed in this world.

This adventure finds Gin, Finn, Owen, and Bria headed out of town to Bullet Pointe, a Wild West theme park. After the fallout of book 14, Bitter Bite, Finn learns he inherited the theme park from his mother. The last time Gin took a vacation was several books ago and she's highly due for another one.  However, Gin really should know better - nothing good ever comes out of going on vacation. When Circle assassins appear throughout the park Gin knows that Bullet Pointe isn't all fun and games.

Even after 15 novels in this series, Jennifer Estep knows how to keep the stories engaging and interesting. I've been a fan of the entire series. I've rated all of the books 4 or 5 stars. These are the types of books that have me longing for the next one. They are written with vivid descriptions and genuine feelings, allowing the reader to become totally immersed in this world. The world building continues and we learn a bit more about Gin's mother.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of Unraveled provided to me by the publisher through NetGalley.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment