Sunday, July 8, 2018

Book Review: Valiant Light (The Demon Trappers, Book #6) by Jana Oliver ~ #Paranormal ~ @crazyauthorgirl

Valiant Light (Demon Trappers Book 6)Valiant Light by Jana Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

See more on Amazon

My Review:

Valiant Light, the final book in the series, is another excellent book in the Demon Trapper’s Daughter series. Being the last in the series, it is also a sad time for me. I’ve been reading this series since book 1, The Demon Trapper’s Daughter, was released in 2011. Watching the character development of Riley and Beck over the years (book release-wise, not timeline of the series-wise) has been fun, frustrating, and emotional. Book 6 is a wonderful finale to one of my favorite series’ and cast of characters.

Riley is in Atlanta trying to protect humanity from hellspawn and Beck is in Scotland, having just finished up his studies to become a Grand Master. Amid all of the protecting and studying, Riley and Beck also have their upcoming nuptials. To say things are stressful is probably an understatement. When entire cities are being discovered completely destroyed under a layer of fire and brimstone, Beck now has another thing to add to his plate. Things get even more complicated when Riley is summoned to Rome to explain the goings-on. Will Beck and Riley get their happily-ever-after?

As in the rest of the books, the story is easy to follow but the twists and turns are not easily figured out. I also love the emotional feel to these books. The love between Beck and Riley is undeniable, even in the midst of chaos, death, and accusations. I am able to feel all of the emotions that have been put into Valiant Light and the author does a fantastic job with that in all of The Demon Trapper's Daughter novels. The world building is also done well. I am able to visualize the story in my mind.

Series’ come and series’ go. Some never get beyond a third book and some go on for 15+ books. I’ve read some that are discontinued before we get a satisfying ending and I’ve read some that just keep going. I’ve never been emotional about the ending of any series until now. I really hate to have to say goodbye to Riley and Beck. I’m glad I found the series so many years ago and loved it so much I purchased each book in paperback for my bookshelf. I can still enjoy them for years to come. Thank you, Jana Oliver, for writing a series that kept me coming back for more. I wish you could find a way to continue their story – there is so much more for them in store.

If you haven't started this series, I highly recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment