Thursday, July 5, 2018

Book Review: Rebel by R.R. Banks #ContemporaryRomance

RebelRebel by R.R. Banks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I bought Rebel on a whim. I saw an ad for it on a social networking site, read the comments, read the reviews, then thought, “Hey, it’s only $0.99. If I don’t like it, I’m not out much.” Well, I loved the story, the characters, the tragedy, and the romance. The whole story is pretty much gut-wrenching and full of heartache. A decades old feud has Milo and Bree on opposite sides of the line drawn in the sand. Rebel is set in your typical small town but the old-fashioned feud is less typical and comes to a dangerous culmination, sides are chosen, and lives are lost. The twists and turns make for a very suspenseful read.

Bree, Milo, and the Longstreet and Sheridan clans are wonderful, well-developed characters. The author does a great job describing the characters and building a world the reader can visualize. The emotional content; happy, sad, and everything in between, adds believable depth to the characters, the situations, the romance, and the feud. Feuds in stories are nothing new, however, R.R. Banks does a great job developing one that’s different from anything I’ve read.

I’m glad I took a chance on Rebel. I was not disappointed in the story, characters, or theme. Please note, though, that the book isn’t as long as the Kindle file you’ll get. Even so, the story is developed well, enjoyable, and has a satisfying ending.

View all my reviews

Grab Your Copy on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment