Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The “Real” Life of a Book Reviewer, Blogger, and Promotions Company




WHO IS SAPPHYRIA?

I thought I would shake things up a bit on the blog and write about me.

I'm not vain or feel the need to become super popular; however, I thought maybe my readers might like to know who the person is behind Sapphyria's Books, Sapphyria's Book Reviews and Sapphyria's Book Promotions. I also co-own Sleuth Cafe with the owner of Babs Book Bistro.

First and foremost - I love to read.

Actually, I don't just love to read - I need books like I need air - books are my life force. Okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating just a tad ...but seriously, books are as important to me as oxygen; I need them to live.

I can thank my grandmother for my obsession with Nancy Drew and those meddling friends of hers. Oh wait, that's a Scooby Doo line but that's okay - I dig the dog with a serious case of the munchies, too. If you've read my "About Me" on my social media platforms, you'll notice that Nancy Drew is a prominent part of who I am. I own almost the entire hardcover collection of Nancy Drew books. Some are originals, others are not. I also have most of the Nancy Drew Files paperback books. I've read all of the hardcovers and paperbacks that I own at least a dozen times or more each. I did a lot of reading as a child.

Next, I'd like to discuss my blog's name with you. I have many people ask me "Why Sapphyria?" Well, it's sort of a complicated story but I'll do my best not to confuse you. 

Part One of the story: My birthday is in September and the birthstone is sapphire. I love sapphires and dark blue is my favorite color.  

Part Two of the story:  I met my husband in 2007 (- yay for Myspace) and moved in with him after a short 1 1/2 month courtship (we've been married for 8 years now). His addiction to World of Warcraft (WoW) was really never an issue but it also helps that instead of getting upset about it - I decided to go with the old saying "If you can't beat 'em - join 'em.” In 2008, I created my very first WoW character, a Blood Elf Hunter named ---- Sapphyria - who just happens to have a kick butt sidekick named Orange Crush (after my beloved late kitty cat). So, yes...I'm a gamer girl. My husband and I stopped playing Wow a couple years ago but have picked up Destiny 2 for Xbox and well, I'm addicted.

Part Three of the story:  I decided that I wanted to try my hand at running a blog. I didn't really want people to know who I am so I decided to name my blog after my WoW character. Plus, it's unique enough of a name to maybe stick with readers, authors, and others. That is how my blogs and promotions company were born.

Lastly, here are some facts about me:

I am in my early 40’s (unlike others, I don't care if people know how old I am).

I am married, have one stepdaughter, one dog, and two cats.

I work full time outside of my home as a senior administrative secretary.

I have been attending college since 2007. In 2010, I transferred from a small University to a major Midwestern University and graduated with a dual major Bachelor of Science degree in Organization Administration and Psychology in May 2016. Then, my brain decided that a Master’s degree sounded nice. In the fall of 2016, I enrolled in a Master’s of Science: Acquisitions Administration program. At the end of this year I will be halfway done. So, if you are one of my tour coordinators and I miss a post – I truly am sorry. Working full time and attending college part time takes serious time management skills and sometimes my skills look at me, shake their heads, and flee.

I also design and create jewelry that I sell primarily on eBay. I do have a blog that highlights a few pieces and I sell on Etsy when I have time (haha) - one day I'll add more to them but for now eBay is my main outlet.

So there you have it. A bit about the person behind the blog!

Sapphyria's Book Reviews
Sapphyria's Book Reviews on Facebook
Sapphyria's Book Reviews on Twitter

Sapphyria's Book Promotions

Sleuth Cafe
Sleuth Cafe on Facebook
Sleuth Cafe on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment