Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Comic Book/Graphic Novel Review: DC Universe Rebirth ~ The Flash, Volume 3: Rogues Reloaded by Joshua Williamson and Carmine Di Giandomenico


Details:

Series: Flash

Paperback: 168 pages

Publisher: DC Comics 

Publilsh Date: August 1, 2017

ISBN-10: 140127157X
ISBN-13: 978-1401271572

Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 0.2 x 10.2 inches


About the Comic Book/Graphic Novel:

The Flash's old foes, the Rogues, have abandoned Central City, pulled off that big score they've been after for years and are living it up in a beachside mansion. The only problem? They ripped off the wrong people--and now, some truly evil people are out for revenge. If the Rogues are going to have any chance of surviving, they'll need the help of their least favorite person alive: the Flash.

From up-and-coming writer Joshua Williamson (Illuminati, Red Skull) and illustrator Carmine Di Giandomenico comes The Flash, Volume 3: Rogues Reloaded!

Collecting: The Flash 14-20


I enjoyed the Rogues story arc in this collection of comics. The Rogues are players in the game that are either quasi-allies or full on enemies - it really depends on what is at stake - of our superhero, Flash.  In Rogues Reloaded, the authors have the Rogues relying on the assistance of Flash after stealing from the wrong people.

The author mixes Barry and Iris's relationship in this volume, as well as, a storyline regarding Wally and Barry as Kid Flash and Flash.  Engaging and masterfully written and illustrated, I found myself immersed in Rogues Reloaded.  The only real complaint is the the use of the light turquoise font on certain pages.  That particular color choice was hard to read at times.  The color was too bright. 

As I mentioned in my review of Volume 1 (I have not read Volume 2), I'm not a seasoned comic book / graphic novel aficionado, therefore, I'm sorry if my review seems simplistic.  I chose this graphic novel to request to review from NetGalley because I'm a huge fan of The Flash and Arrow on CW.  I'm glad I went outside the box and requested another graphic novel because I really enjoyed the story and artwork. The art was eye-catching and remarkable for my untrained eye. The stories unfolded in ways that thoroughly engaged me from the start.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC provided to me by DC Comic through NetGalley.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment